I’m linking up today with Debbie for her Wednesday Word link up!
Each week Deb provides a word prompt to spur us on, and this week’s word is shenanigans. At first I honestly had no idea what to write about. I’ve got plenty of stories of times when I’ve been up to no good with various antics, especially in college. But I think I’m better off if I don’t grace the Internet with those. Instead, in honor of April 1 being right around the corner, I decided to share six harmless (okay mostly harmless) April Fools pranks.
- Fun with bubbles – Unscrew the shower head and use a cheese grater to put flakes of soap in the shower head. Then screw the shower head back in. There’s no better way to turn a shower into a stand up bubble bath!
- Surprise spray – Place a rubber band around the sprayer at the kitchen sink. When someone goes to cut the faucet on, they will get soaked by the sprayer instead. (I got my dad with this one when I was a kid. He had to change his work shirt and I got in trouble)
- Thou shalt not pass – Take Saran wrap and tape it across a doorway, just at face and chest height. Make sure there are no wrinkles so it is invisible. When someone opens the door to walk through, they’ll walk right into it, and then they’ll stand there with a hilariously confused look on their face trying to figure out what happened.
- Fairy dust – If it is raining on April Fools, fill someone’s umbrella either with confetti or glitter. When they go to open it, it will look like Tinker Bell is preparing them for a flight to Neverland.
- Heads up – Fill a box to the brim with ping pong balls and put it in a cabinet. Make sure the box is balanced just right, so that it will fall out when the next person opens the cabinet. I think this one would be funny in an office break room.
- Stuck money – Glue a quarter to the sidewalk in a park. Sit on a nearby bench to watch the unsuspecting victims try and pick it up.
I am in no way condoning any of these pranks, nor do I take any responsibility for any actions you may choose to take. My PSA to you on April first: Be on your toes! No one is safe 🙂
Are you a prankster on April 1?
What’s the best/worst prank you’ve pulled or had pulled on you?